Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day.  A day dedicated to recognize the person who brought you into this world.  It may have been by accident, or by miracle, but either way your mom loved you enough to endure the extreme pain of childbirth.  She wasn't perfect, and she could be the person you love the most or someone you may never want to see again, but regardless, her love for you has given you the chance to know life.  Use it.  Take it and run with it.  We're only here for such a short time, so whatever your roll may be right now, make it the best.  Glorify the Lord.  You don't know Him?  Get to know Him. 

My mother has moved on.  Today is My day and although it was hard for me to accept at first, I now gladly and proudly carry her torch.  Her light still shines brightly here and I know that as I continue to honor my mother, it also brings honor to the Father.  

Lay down whatever misgivings you may have toward your mom.  Lay down the mistakes she's made and the poor support she's been.  Maybe she belittles you, maybe she smoothers you, maybe she's just right… either way, she's still your mom.  Open your heart today and let her go.  Set her free from all she's said and done.  Decide to love your mom where she is today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment