Monday, January 26, 2015

15 Minute "Meatloaf" aka Meatloaf Hash

I always seem to want meatloaf at 5:00 when I'm thinking about what I want for dinner and didn't plan for it earlier.  I figured there's gotta be a way to make meatloaf faster than the hour and 15 or 20 minutes it usually takes… especially for my family of 6, I'm cookin' 3lbs of beef!  I mean if you're makin' a meatloaf then make a meatloaf!

Well since I'm terrible about planning ahead it's rare I make this delicious meal that my kids scarf down, until now! So I had to share this simple recipe with you for those nights you desire a little comfort food without planning ahead :)

*I have also found this meal works really well with ground turkey.

Meatloaf Hash
serves 3 (realistically)

1lb ground beef or turkey
1/2-1 t onion powder or 1/2 grated onion
1 t worcestershire sauce (opt)
1/3 c tomato sauce or ketchup
1/4 c milk
1/2 c quick oats or 2 slices of bread or cooked rice
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 c shredded cheddar (opt)

In a bowl pour in the milk and add the oats (or bread or rice). Add ketchup & worcestershire,  and mix. Now add beef/turkey. Begin to mix and add onion/onion powder, salt and pepper. (save the cheese till last).  Mix thoroughly and add to a skillet.  Cook through, about 8 minutes and add cheese and serve with your fave side/veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment