Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grilled Cheese on Homemade Bread with Homemade Tomato Soup

Yesterday I finished my soaked bread recipe (if your not familiar with soaking your grains, in short, it makes them more digestible and vitamins are more readily absorbed) here's a link to the recipe I followed. Seriously it was like Aunt Millie stopped and dropped off a couple loaves!

www.suegregg.com/about/Two%20Stage%20Process.pdf

Once the bread was made the rest was easy. I just made regular grilled cheese, nothing fancy. I used sharp cheddar because that's what I had on hand.

For the Tomato Soup, it's super easy. I used:
4 8oz cans of tomato sauce
2T butter
1/4-1/2t onion powder
1/4-1/2t garlic powder
1/4c milk
1/2c water
salt to taste

There you have it. An easy (once the bread is made), healthy, delicious, homemade meal.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my girls favorite lunches. Kind of like comfort food! Your soup recipe sounds very easy. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete