Monday, March 16, 2009

Practical Tip Tuesday

I've been gone for a minute, we were getting our computer fixed... that always sucks! Anyway I'm putting in my practical tip for Tuesday on Monday night. I know I won't have time otherwise. So here goes...

A Helpful Tip For Your Weekly Menu:

Most, if not all of us, have a few meals we make all the time. You could have as few as 2 or 3, or as many as 15 or 20. Either way we all have something. One of the best tips I was given was to plan your weekly meals around the Sunday circular ads. Instead of planning what your going to have for the week and then trying to shop for it, you look at the weekly ads and see what's on sale. Between the food on sale and what you already have in your pantry you should be able to assemble a menu rather quickly.

For example, one dinner I like to make is hero sandwiches. Everyone has a different name for them but they're just your basic meatball and sausage. Now, I know this is something I make periodically so when I see ingredients for my meals on sale I buy them. Last week there was some sweet Italian sausage on sale so I bought it. I have frozen meatballs from one week when Meijer had them on sale. This week Prego (which is what I like) is on sale and so are Aunt Millies deli buns. Dole salad mix is also on sale. I'll add green peppers and onions which I already have from last week. I'll make this probably for Thursday night.

Anyway you probably get the idea. It's not a difficult one but I will admit that it was difficult to adjust to. It's like working a crossword. You have your menu on the side there and you have to find the ingredients in the fliers. Well anyway it has definately been a money saver for me. I rarely buy anything at full price and if you have a coupon for it it makes it even better!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany, glad to see you're back.

    I'm not hosting Prac. tip tues anymore. I'm trying to concentrate on "In His Word Wednesday" and other things. My plate was getting too full!!

    of course you can still continue posting your great tips each week! I love to hear them.

    I do the exact same thing with my grocery lists. make my meals with what I already have and shop for sale/coupon items only!!

    great tip!!

    ReplyDelete